THor Ragnarok director Taika Waititi was talking the upcoming Thor Ragnarok movie with Total Film and had this to say:
“Sakaar was just an insane, far-off, futuristic place which was the biggest shift for the film and these characters. I was really excited when Kevin [Feige] and the rest of Marvel jumped on board with the idea to use [Jack] Kirby as a big influence in the design of the film. What’s really hard is staying authentic.”
Who knows how long they will be on the planet but I am definitely looking forward to seeing how they represent Sakaar on film.
Not sure how long this has been out but I stumbled across it in Target this week. It’s a big robotic Hulk and the little Superheroes Adventure Hulk figures fit inside. Pretty limited articulation but a cool add to the Hulk robot collection.
I had forgotten this came out because it was impossible to find in the store and they were selling for like $40 on ebay which I was not willing to pay for this small of a figure. Then lo and behold, I was in 5 Below yesterday and found it for $5. Can’t beat that deal, happy to add it to my collection.
The first promotional image from next year’s Thor: Ragnarok has been leaked online (maybe not leaked, who knows nowadays). The look of the Hulk is perfect from what he looked like in the Planet Hulk comic book storyline. Thor definitely looks different from the past movies, he has a gladiator look to him also. Can’t wait for this movie.
THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #16
GREG PAK (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)
Cover by STONEHOUSE
“BIG APPLE SHOWDOWN” CONTINUES!
• Who’s behind the gathering of Asian and Asian American heroes? It’s not who you think!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
MARIKO TAMAKI (W) • NICO LEON (A)
Cover by JEFF DEKAL
CORNER BOX VARIANT COVER BY JOE JUSKO
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• Jen’s life is finally settling into a rhythm: She wakes up, goes to work, helps her new clients, goes home, watches a cooking video, and goes to sleep.
• But when a murder rocks the life of one of her newest clients, how will Jen react? Is there more to the situation than just Jen Walters, lawyer, can handle?
• Will she need the HULK to get herself out of this jam?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
JEREMY WHITLEY (W) • RO STEIN & TED BRANDT (A)
Cover by SIMONE BIANCHI
GWENSTER UNLEASHED VARIANT COVER BY DAVE JOHNSON
A MONSTERS UNLEASHED TIE-IN!
• An endangered habitat! A peaceful protest! And a team of freelance troubleshooters determined to end the work-stoppage at any cost!
• Sounds like a job for the Champions, right? Only, nobody mentioned anything about GIANT MONSTERS FALLING FROM THE SKY!
40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99
GHOST RIDER #4
FELIPE SMITH (W) • DANILO BEYRUTH (A)
Cover by FELIPE SMITH
TV VARIANT COVER BY FELIPE SMITH
“FOUR ON THE FLOOR” CONTINUES!
• That purple monster from space is STILL wreaking havoc across the West Coast…
• Even the combined efforts of the Hulk, Wolverine, and Silk can’t stop it!
• Time for the Ghost Rider to clean up their mess…
• Guest-starring the AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Comicbookresources did an article on the top 15 quotes from Marvel movies and along with the Hulk having 4 quotes about or by him in the article, the top quote is the Hulk’s as well. Here’s a link to the article along with the Hulk quotes listed below Article
15. “Me in a metal tube, deep underground with hundreds of people in the most aggressive city in the world?” Hulk (2008)
12. “Hulk SMASH!” The Incredible Hulk (2008)
7. “We have a Hulk.” The Avengers (2012)
1. “That’s my secret Captain, I’m always angry.” The Avengers (2012)
Marvel apparently has a new web-based series called TD;DR and the first episode is an animated recap of the Planet Hulk storyline. Even Marvel knows that the Planet Hulk storyline is awesome. Take a look and enjoy!
I really have no idea what the heck the deal is with the Tsum Tsum figures all over the place. I do know that they are doing Marvel versions so what can you do. The first wave had the green Hulk on the packaging but only have grey Hulk figures. The second was that just started coming out does have the green versions. Look, they’re stackable!